All participants in programs that are offered by Football Manitoba, or it’s member Leagues and Clubs, are required to have a current annual membership. Your annual membership consists of membership with Football Canada, Football Manitoba, and insurance for the calendar year.
SANCTIONS – NON-MEMBER ACTIVITIES, PROGRAMS, CAMPS
When considering participation in any football activity or program be sure that it is sanctioned by Football Manitoba. An event that is sanctioned by Football Manitoba assures all participants that the organization and its programming meets all requirements required to offer the Football Manitoba sport injury insurance to their participants. To be sanctioned, all programs must meet all of the following:
- Coaches are certified and have the required NCCP training appropriate for the program being offered
- Coaches and other adult organizers have been cleared through a recent background check
- All planned activities presented to Football Manitoba are deemed to be age-appropriate for the age of participants
- Safety measures will be followed according to Football Canada’s Safe Contact guidelines
- All program leaders have current Respect in Sport certification
- The organizers are members in good standing (as a member or through their sanction)
Contact the Football Manitoba office to determine whether an activity you are considering has been sanctioned.
Injuries of any kind sustained during a non-sanctioned event or camp are not covered by Football Manitoba sport injury insurance, even if you have a current membership for a member league or activity.
If you are being asked to sign a waiver other than by Football Manitoba you should ask and confirm that it is a sanctioned activity.
506-145 Pacific Avenue